Is this Steal Their Look meme supposed to be funny? Because I’ve never seen anything more aggressively unfunny in my life. It’s there, it’s kind of y’know interesting I guess? But I don’t see how it’s like “haha funny”
I’m no expert, I’m just someone who’s been through rough shit. And I don’t know what your situation is, but here are some things that helped me and can help anyone.
- Identify The Problem. You can’t solve a problem if you don’t know what you’re solving. Figure out what’s up, then go after it. If you’re lonely, if you have depression or anxiety, if your closeted and can’t accept yourself, if you’re going through a break up. Any problem you can have can be solved. A lot of times, it just takes time and the only thing you can do is just wait it out. But if you’re struggling with something real, then go talk to someone. Whether it’s a professional or a friend or a stranger on the internet. Asking for help isn’t weak, and you can’t expect someone to notice what’s wrong and swoop in to save you. You gotta save yourself.
- Look Good, Feel Good. Just because your appearance is the shallow part of you, doesn’t mean it’s not there. Take care of yourself. Shower more, shave, wear clothes you like, get a new haircut, work out. Do whatever to yourself that makes you feel like you look good. For me, going to the gym is a huge factor in how I’m feeling. Not only because I feel like I look better, but also because I feel like I’m accomplishing something healthy. I take an hour out of my day to go and I focus on nothing but my workout. That’s my thing, it may not be everyone’s but exercise and health are super important to how you feel anyway. But if the gym really isn’t your thing, then wear clothes you like, wear make up, or idk do something that takes just enough effort to make you feel like you’ve worked on yourself and if you can look at the mirror and smile at yourself, then your day will be that much better.
- Accept Love and Let Go of Hate. Look, I am really bad at this, but I think it’s something anyone can and should do. Accept the people that love you in the way they love you and cherish those people. And cherish the things that you love. Even if it’s just a book or a game or a show that makes you happy. Hold on to that. And focus on what you like about it. And let go of hate. This part is really hard, and it’s one of those things that just doesn’t happen immediately. Not everyone deserves forgiveness but that doesn’t mean you need to hold all that bitterness forever. Drop those bags. And cut out people in your life that are toxic. Even if it’s temporary. You can’t heal if you’re still exposing yourself to what’s hurting you. And even small things, like not thinking about or ranting about stuff you think is terrible, is a big thing.
- Attitude. You’ve got to want it. It’s really as lame and simple as that. Commit to yourself and to fixing whatever plagues you. Even if it’s just in small ways. Life gets better. And it gets bad. But it’s up to you to decide if it gets worse. Find your rock bottom and never go back there. Activate change in your life by actually being active.
I hope this helped.
EDIT: Also listen to happy music. Make an upbeat playlist.
Negativity is easy.
It’s so easy to tear something down or to even fall down into a dark slump. And it’s safe. It’s safer to say something sucks, and those that like it are dumb for liking it. It guards you from embarrassment or shame. And in life, it’s so much easier to fall down and get into a bad headspace and let things tear you down and to just stay down and rot in your own negativity because
Positivity is hard.
It’s hard to stand back up and keep going when everything is weighing you down. The worst thing about life is that you have to fight to be happy. You have to work for it. It’s not easy. Being positive makes you vulnerable. People and things can tear you down so much easier. And some people aren’t willing to fight or they’re afraid to put themselves in that position where they can be hurt or torn down and have all that happiness they worked for stolen by something quickly.
But as someone who was down for so long, I can’t stress enough how amazing it feels to stand up. And no matter how heavy that load is that is weighing you down, once you’re on your feet either again or for the first time, it is so worth it.
And once you’re up, Positivity becomes so much easier, and when you’re knocked down, you may fall harder, but you’ll climb back up faster.
TOP 10 FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVELS 2014
- All Star Superman
- Superman: Secret Origin
- Superman: Birthright
- Superman: Secret Identity
- JLA: Rock of Ages
- Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War
- Teen Titans: A Kid’s Game
- Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil
- Green Lantern: Secret Origin
- Had my bike stolen and had to spend $200+ to replace bike
- Have been sick for the past 4 days due to exposure to an unhygenic classmate
- Locked my keys in my apartment, so I had to ride my bike through the shady part of town at night to get a replacement key to avoid a $55 penalty charge
- Haven’t been to the gym in 4 days due to sickness
- Backed up on work because of factors 1-3
This has been a rough couple days. If tomorrow isn’t sunshine and fucking rainbows I’m going to snap.
i miss superman
I’ve been listening to rachelandmiles X-plain the X-Men, which is this awesome podcast where husband and wife X-perts explain the ins, outs, and retcons of the X-Men. And in their latest episode they issued an art challenge to create a costume for Kitty Pryde, because during her formative years as a character she likes to do a lot of dressing up.
So this is what I made for them!
Static Shock thumbnails and tight roughs for 502 Visual Storytelling
I get that Superman, conceptually speaking, might not be the cleverest or most sophisticated concept out there. I get that.
It’s just that I don’t care. I think he’s easily one of the most important characters ever to have been created, and the world is a verifiably better place for his presence in it, even if he isn’t real - you only have to read the reactions to that scene in All-Star Superman to know that.
For a fakey stupid funnybook character, Superman sure does save a lot of people.